Haydan Consultants, Inc. and NYC’s Wastewater Resiliency Program is actively seeking a highly talented Assistant Resident Engineer (ARE) for immediate employment in the NYC Metro office for NYC’s Wastewater Resiliency Program. This $400M program is implementing upgrades to wastewater facilities across NYC’s five boroughs using a job-order-contracting (JOC) approach for the New York Department of Environmental Protection (NYCDEP). The Assistant Resident Engineer (ARE) will report directly to the project Resident Engineer (RE) and is responsible for performing the following activities Key tasks will include:
- Assists the Resident Engineer in their responsibilities and stands in for RE when not available.
- Maintains a Red-Line Set of Contract Drawings to include all revisions received from the Engineer of Record.
- Directs the field inspection staff in the assignment of their duties and reviewing their Daily Inspection Reports.
- Reviews and ensures appropriate distribution of contractor supplemental work requests, RFI and submittal documentation to inspection staff to ensure construction is being inspected with the most up to date and approved documentation.
- Oversees Submittal process for timeliness and execution
- Responsible for the day to day operations and coordination with the Operating Bureau at assigned Project locations.
- Responsible for coordinating scheduling of inspection staff with other Resident/Deputy Engineers.
- Attends the Contractor’s Coordination Meetings to resolve conflicts. Obtaining assistance from the CM, RE and DSDC staff as required.
- Assists the RE in implementing the Quality Management Plan at the Project Site on a day to day basis.
- Interfaces with the contractor.
- Prepares correspondences; including the preparation of all monthly construction contract progress meetings.
- Coordinates with the Contractor to identify upcoming work
- Maintains a list of incomplete construction work.
- Notifies the contractor of any work that does not conform to the requirements of the contract documents by issuing the formal notice of non-conformance.
- Ensures that inspector(s) training is up to date based on field responsibilities according to upcoming and ongoing work.
- Other assignments as determined & directed by CM, or RE
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50.00 – $65.00 per hour