Haydan Consultants, Inc. is actively seeking a Scheduler to support projects in and around the NYC area.
As the Scheduler, it is essential that you possess excellent communication and team building. You must have the ability to work independently, collaboratively, with full transparency, as required by the client/project. In addition, you must be knowledgeable and responsible for developing, reviewing, reporting and supervising construction schedules. Your duties and responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
- Develop, update and maintain schedules (cost/resource loaded if required).
- Perform schedule reviews, prepare weekly, bi-weekly and/or monthly schedule update analysis reports, investigate and analyze schedule impacts and recommend corrective to be taken in order to mitigate/avoid cost and schedule overruns.
- Monitor, review and report to senior and executive management the schedule status of the project.
- Represent project in meetings with owner, A/E representatives and other contractors as required.
- Develop “what-if” schedule scenarios, mitigation schedules, look-ahead schedules, time impact analysis.
- He or she must have experience in institutional/building construction, preferably with experience in detention facility.
- Identify schedule issues, opportunities and corrective actions to mitigate potential delays to projects
Preferred Skills: You must possess the following abilities:
- Proficient using Primavera P6, MS Project and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the preparation, development of resource loaded Design and Construction Schedules using Critical Path Method (CPM).
- Relevant construction scheduling experience in planning, scheduling, expediting, maintaining and reporting the progress/status of work.
- Solid, proven and verifiable record of career stability and scheduling success is a must.
- Strong communications and relationship-building skills.
- Understanding of construction and construction means and methods.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) (engineering and/or construction management a plus)
- 8-10 years’ experience in planning and scheduling / project controls / program controls; experience on multiple sides of the business (i.e., consultant, owner, owner rep, contract/architect, contractor, engineer).
- Field experience preferred