Haydan Consultants, Inc. has a position available for an Estimator to join our growing organization.
The responsibilities for the position include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Works with the Company estimating systems and processes.
- Applies estimating terminology, measures, concepts, and principles.
- Utilizes the appropriate company and industry historical data for costing estimates.
- Demonstrates consistency and utilizes clear judgement.
- Recognizes how various processes/project actions and assumptions may impact the project estimates and begin to assist in quantifying the impact.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of Order of Magnitude, preliminary, definitive, change orders, check estimates, bid packages, and analysis of subcontractor bids, etc. for projects.
- Performs duties with some complexity under general supervision.
- Expected to assist in the preparation of larger and more complex estimating assignments including the Estimate Plan.
- Gathers, calculates, and compiles data for use in conceptual/bid proposal estimates.
- Develops wage rate build-ups.
- Reads and interprets drawings and specifications.
- Develops detailed material take-offs for estimate development and field procurement of bulk materials.
- BA/BS + 2 years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction from ABET accredited college or university or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, training, and related experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience in estimating in the engineering or construction industry.
- Relevant Field Experience preferred
- Success in working with remote teams
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year