Haydan Consultants, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer to work on the Energy Code Services Unit to assist in the evaluation of filings for local energy conservation construction codes adopted by municipalities in accordance with Energy Law and develop recommendations for the Code Council.
Our client seeks a Registered Design Professional to provide technical assistance on NYS Energy Code issues to local government officials, design professionals, and the public providing advice and guidance understanding and applying the NYS Energy Code to individuals and groups. They assist in the research, and development of NYS Energy Code interpretations and other technical documents. RDPs perform technical reviews of applications, plans, specifications, and other supporting documentation during the evaluation of variance requests in accordance with Energy Law
- Possession of a current NYS license as a Registered Architect or Professional Engineer.
- Three years of experience in post-licensure professional practice responsible for performing advanced and critical design of building and/or mechanical systems, including code compliance, preparation of construction documents, and during construction services.
- Working knowledge in the application of codes, laws, rules, and standards regulating the design and construction of buildings.
- Working knowledge of building costs and development of opinions of probable cost including life-cycle cost.
- Working knowledge of the multiple compliance paths in the NYS Energy Code. Good knowledge of building materials, their function, and physical properties.
- Working knowledge of construction methods and sequence of operations; building science; knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and structural engineering.
- Experience in code development drafting, evaluating, and/or presenting code change proposals and public comments.
- Familiarity with the code development process of the International Code Council and the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE). Familiarity with the NYS Energy Law, Executive Law, and other NYS regulatory processes.
- Experience in the development of training curriculum and the presentation or delivery of technical information.
- Strong computer skills a must, including proficiency in MS Office, SharePoint, energy code compliance software (RESCheck© and COMCheck©), and modeling software (eQUEST, Energy Plus, DOE-2.2, 2.2R, etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $140,000.00 – $180,000.00 per year