Oversee, as the School Construction Authority’s on-site representative, various construction projects in various stages of development.
- Provide the administration and coordination of activities for the design and construction of the more complex and/or highly visible construction and modernization projects under the guidance of a senior level SCA Project Officer.
- Ensure the quality and high standards of performance and compliance in both design and construction by all consultants, vendors, etc.
- Make decisions and take action in a timely manner to expedite the timely completion of the construction process.
- Correct mistakes and errors in design and construction before they can be extensively incorporated into the project or as early in the construction process as possible.
- Responsibilities are varied and include coordinative problem solving and managerial functions of these projects.
- Make decisions on phasing and scheduling of projects. Prepare and/or ensure preparation of schedules for planning, design and construction. Monitor schedules and take appropriate actions to ensure that project is completed on schedule and within approved cost limitations.
- Provide ongoing interface with contractors, construction managers, local school personnel and Senior Project Officers on project issues; routinely interact with SCA senior managers on such matters.
- Participate in the development and issuance of project procedures and policies; review and make recommendations on SCA-wide procedures and policies.
- Provide guidance and advice to lower-level Project Officers.
- Resolve issues and problems raised in field reports made by architects and construction management staff.
- Work with architect/engineer of record regarding change orders, interpretation of contract documents, shop drawing submittals/approvals and other technical matters as required to ensure a structurally sound, code compliant and aesthetic facility.
- Issue field memoranda or directives to contractors to enforce contract compliance. Advise senior management regarding the necessity for the assessment of liquidated damages and other contractual enforcement mechanisms, including default.
- Use independent judgment to make on-site change order decisions and have the authority to negotiate with contractors and commit the SCA’s resources on such change orders.
- Review contractors claims or disputed work and advise senior management as to appropriate action. Compile contract and project documentation necessary for adjudicating or denying such claims.
Visit various job sites as required in the performance of the above duties.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year